KidsCancerFight.org is a hub for projects that help the childhood cancer cause. Every project is all-volunteer or supported financially by organizations, grants or initiatives. KidsCancerFight.org does not fundraise or provide financial assistance to any projects.
Numerous national childhood cancer organizations and dozens of local and regional ones have taken unprecedented steps to collaborate and support the production of a radio public service announcement. The PSA is running nationwide during the month of September, National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. The Workshop was organized to bring the childhood cancer community together to identify collaborative ways to make the work of childhood cancer organizations more efficient and effective.
Facts about Childhood Cancer:
- Cancer is the #1 cause of death by disease in children in the United States.
- Each year around 13,500 children are diagnosed with cancer in the US
- The average age of children diagnosed is six
- One in five of these children will die from cancer
- The incidence of cancer in children has actually increased over the past 30 years
- More than 40,000 children undergo treatment for cancer each year
- Three out of five who survive children’s cancer suffer late-effects, such as infertility, heart failure and secondary cancers
- There are approximately 350,000 adult survivors of children’s cancer in the United States, equal to 1 in every 640 adults aged 18-45
You can choose to support organizations whose mission’s include:
Raising funds to support new Research & Treatments for children
- Despite the facts, childhood cancer research is vastly and consistently underfunded. In 20 years the FDA has initially approved only one drug for any childhood cancer. America’s children deserve better.
Providing Patient and Family support
- 27,000 moms and dads will hear the words “your child has cancer” this year. These words place the child and family in the most difficult situation they have likely ever faced, and these groups support them during this difficult time.
Awareness and Advocacy efforts
- Children cannot vote to change public policy or advocate for themselves. These groups help raise their voice, please add yours!